Marketing Quaifications Summary
Analytical, data driven marketer with 7 years of experience planning, executing, and optimizing successful global digital marketing campaigns. Expert at meeting and surpassing revenue, conversion, engagement, and awareness goals. Adept leader experienced in managing marketing teams and owning projects across departments, with a detail oriented and organized approach to project management. Creative and strategic user advocate and brand story-teller with copywriting and designs skills necessary to create and test content for campaigns, websites, landing pages, social media, and e-newsletters. Channel expertise includes: SEM/SEO, display, social, content, and email.
Travana | May 2016 – Present | San Francisco, CA
Establishing marketing for online travel agency startup, including budget & staffing, launching acquisition marketing channels including SEM, Display, Affiliate, and Paid Social, and instituting content, social/influencer channels to establish brand, generate awareness, and build trust.
- Growing awareness for Janbala.com, driving 30K daily visits within 90 days of site launch
- Surpassing aggressive goals, generating $1MM in monthly revenue within 90 days of launch
- Building dynamic landing pages leveraging product, engineering, and design teams
- Developing dashboard, reporting cadence, & processes to monitor and optimize performance
- Working cross-functionally with creatives, executives, & product to drive product roadmap
- Managing 2 direct reports, marketing tech vendors, 3rd party contractors, and agencies
Associate Director, Marketing
Dentsu Aegis | Oct 2014 – Oct 2015 | San Francisco, CA
Developed & executed Microsoft’s digital marketing programs, including media strategy and buying across Search, Display, Paid Social, Paid Content, and Analytics, while efficiently managing a $25MM yearly budget to exceed awareness, engagement, and acquisition goals.
- Reduced average cost per acquisition 74% within 2 months of onboarding
- Instituted tracking, reporting, and data validation and for all digital campaigns
- Hired and managed a 5-person team of Supervisors and Specialists to ensure US market performance and provide a vision for career development
- Oversaw global teams in 21 markets across EMEA, APAC, and the Americas by issuing budgets, direction, strategy, and providing best practice guidance
Associate Director, Search + Content Marketing
E-storm International | Dec 2013 – Oct 2014 | San Francisco, CA
Forecasted and attained all ROI, CPA, & CPL goals across multiple clients in retail, B2B, & education verticals with average monthly budgets between $100K – $500K, while developing new content marketing and landing page optimization services for the agency.
- Drove 34% cost per acquisition decrease for a large tech client, leading to a digital media budget increase from $4MM to $9MM year over year
- Supervised 2 direct reports in Search planning, optimization, and reporting
- Led cross-departmental teams in tracking, reporting, attribution, and web design projects
- Initiated and approved all Search programs including PLAs, RLSA, international expansions (UK, FR, DE, CA, BZ, AU, SG, IN, ID, TW, HK), Click-to-Call, location extensions, etc.
- Completed marketing audits (SEM/SEO, website, social media, etc.), competitive analysis, and developed strategies for new/prospective clients
Senior Marketing Manager
E-storm International | Apr 2012 – Dec 2013 | San Francisco, CA
Managed Paid Search and Lead Gen campaigns from strategy & planning through execution & reporting including restructuring accounts and launching portfolio bidding across millions of keywords for retail, B2B, and edtech clients, making Paid Search the primary acquisition-driver and most reliable performance channel at the agency.
- Effectively managed US and global budgets for 3 clients ($100K - $500K monthly each)
- Improved channel performance for three clients, decreasing CPAs and increasing total sales, customer acquisition, and lead volume
- Developed automated reporting and custom dashboards for edtech and retail clients
- Collaborated with SEO, Display, Social, and Analytics teams on cross-channel tracking, attribution, and reporting
- A/B tested and optimized ad copy, banners, landing pages, ad extensions, bids and targeting
Marketing Manager, SEM
Mediacom | Jul 2011 – Apr 2012 | New York, NY
Strategized, implemented, and reported on dozens of Paid Search accounts across Google, Bing/Yahoo, GDN, and 2nd Tier publishers including dedicated mobile, international, test, and high performance accounts to manage a $4MM monthly budget for DIRECTV.
- Increased monthly acquisitions 60% while maintaining a stable cost per acquisition
- Coordinated team members to ensure work quality and smooth campaign launches
- Supervised & trained 2 Specialists in SEM tools, best practices, and methodologies
- Worked with client, analytics, and legal to support seasonal promotions, offers, and cross-channel efforts
Marketing Specialist, SEM/SEO
Mediacom | Jun 2010 – Jul 2011 | New York, NY
Restructured and optimized B2C and B2B Paid Search efforts to meet CPA goals, extend reach, and maximize channel efficiency for DIRECTV.
- Performed extensive ad copy writing, optimizing, testing, and reporting
- Established detailed search account maintenance including budget pacing, URL audits, and building/expanding keyword lists
- Completed CPA-based and rank-based bid optimizations, keyword-level URL encoding, and auditing
Page / Production Assistant
NBC-Universal | Dec 2007 – Dec 2008 | New York, NY
Managed scheduling, catering, transportation, security lists, and talent for live shows for The Today Show and Saturday Night Live. Oversaw ticketing/audience planning for daily live tapings of Late Night with Conan O'Brien including managing a staff of 50+ directly reporting individuals.
Afterimage: Journal of Media Arts | Sep 2006 – Jan 2007 | Rochester, NY
Performed comprehensive and deadline-driven copyediting, fact checking, and research to ensure publishable quality articles for the academic journal, while assisting marketing and subscriptions teams to increase circulation of the monthly media arts journal.
BA | English (Media Studies) & Art
University of Rochester | Rochester, NY | 2002 – 2007
- Graduated with honors
- Magna Cum Laude
- NCUR Film Studies Speaker (2007)
- Susan B Anthony Colloquium Speaker (2003 & 2005)
- Class of 2006 Award for Writing
- Class of 2006 Award for Art & Art History
Post Grad Fellowship: Globalization in Cinema
University of Rochester | Rochester, NY | 2006 - 2007
- Budget Management
- Leadership & Change Management
- Written & Verbal Communication
- Detailed Project Management
- Analytical & Creative Mindset
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Flexible & Adaptable
- Omnichannel Perspective
- Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
- MS Office
- Google & Bing Ads
- YouTube & Display Ads
- Instagram & Facebook Ads
- Twitter & LinkedIn Ads
- MailChimp & Campaign Monitor
- Google Analytics & Omniture
- Optimizly & Adobe Target
- Central Desktop & JIRA
- Marin& Kenshoo
- Adobe Media Optimizer
- Hootsuite & Colibri
Creating & Exhibiting Art | Italian Cooking | Container Gardening | Cinema & Media Studies